There’s no shortage of skincare products, from cleansers and moisturizers to serums and exfoliants. With the mere number of products out there, not to mention the various ingredients, it can be overwhelming to know the best skincare products for each skin type. Indeed, the best skincare products vary on skin type, customer reviews, and effectiveness.
One thing that stands out as the best skin care product is its medicinal and cosmetic benefits. Medical-grade skincare, also referred to as cosmeceutical skincare, is formulated to target specific skincare concerns like sun damage, acne, and premature aging, but on a deeper and more effective level than over-the-counter products. Moreover, medical-grade skincare is usually more focused on barrier protection and less on hyped active ingredients.
What Makes Medical-Grade Skincare Products Unique?
Below are a few key differences between medical-grade skincare in comparison to mainstream products.
- Limited Purchasing Power. Back in the day, medical-grade skincare could only be purchased in a doctor’s office, but it can now be sold online by authorized retailers specializing in this product level. Another advantage of visiting a medical spa or dermatologist’s office is receiving personalized guidance and specific product recommendations.
- Stability. The formulation of the best medical-skincare products has more highly stabilized ingredients, which means they take longer to deteriorate versus the mainstream products. In addition, they also have greater absorption, which means the results-driven ingredients are delivered deeper into the skin.
- FDA Regulation. Those over-the-counter products can’t penetrate beyond the top layer of the skin, which the FDA does not regulate. In addition, OTC formulas can’t make any medical claims like treating a specific skin condition. In the case of medical-grade skincare, it is FDA regulated and can provide claims, as well as the products can safely penetrate the skin on a deeper level.
What Are The Best Medical-Grade Skincare Products?
Medical-grade skincare often focuses on active ingredients like retinoids, vitamin C, and acids. Below are the top medical-grade skincare products:
The SkinMedica TNS Advanced+ Serum is a perfect pre and post-facial rejuvenation product. In fact, this product is great before and after facelifts for general skin care because of its growth factor properties, helping maintain surgical results.
This is another medical-grade skincare line for every skin type and issue recommended to most patients because of the science that backs the products. One of its popular products is C E Ferulic, which is a patented antioxidant combination that protects against environmental damage and helps improve fine lines, wrinkles, loss of firmness, and photodamage while brightening the skin.
ZO Skin Health
ZO Skin Health is committed to innovative products that utilize key ingredients such as retinol, antioxidants, and growth factors that restore skin health and strengthen the skin’s natural barrier and function.
- ZO Skin Health Daily Power Defense- can be used as a daily moisturizer recommended to all patients.
- ZO Skin Health Growth Factor Eye Serum- is another recommended good growth factor eye serum that helps reduce fine lines and has a nice cooling applicator.
- ZO Skin Health Hydrating Cleanser- has a creamy formula that gently cleans the skin, leaving no residue. The product also has panthenol, sodium hyaluronate, and glycerin, which act as humectants to help maintain hydration within the skin.
- ZO Skin Health Exfoliating Polish- a physical scrub that works well on all skin types since it contains non-irritating, ultra-fine magnesium oxide crystals, which help remove dead skin cells and debris and wash off with no residue. Additionally, it has vitamin C added to the scrub combined with the exfoliant and results in bright, glowing skin.
This is another clinically proven formulation with patented technologies that create a complete approach to skin rejuvenation that helps reverse all visible signs of aging.
- ALASTIN Skincare HydraTint Pro Mineral Broad Spectrum Sunscreen contains zinc oxide and titanium dioxide that protect the skin from UVA and UVB rays. It also has phytoene and phytofluene, powerful antioxidants that prevent damage to the skin.
- ALASTIN Skincare Ultra Nourishing Moisturizer is formulated with TriHex Technology®, a blend of active peptides and ingredients that stimulate the skin to clear out damaged collagen and elastin and produce healthy collagen and elastin.
- ALASTIN Skincare Gentle Cleanser removes makeup, dirt, and impurities without upsetting the skin’s moisture balance or irritating it.
Skin Better Science
The brand skin better science uses high-quality ingredients and has clinical research backing its products. Their SPF with zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide, vitamin C, retinol, and moisturizer are a few of their recommended key ingredients. Moreover, the brand also avoids fragrances, parabens, and sulfates, which are important in skincare.
This is an easy skincare line for those just starting to use good quality skincare products. It also has a massive selection of sunscreens, making daily sun protection easy.
- Foaming Facial Wash- has pH-balanced and paraben-free. While it doesn’t have active anti-acne ingredients, it is excellent for those with even the most sensitive skin.
- UV Clear Broad-Spectrum 46- is one of their mineral-based broad-spectrum SPFs. The product is available in both tinted and non-tinted versions. With its transparent zinc, it feels more like a light moisturizer that also contains hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, and lactic acid to help combat pigmentation and breakouts while providing hydration.
Jan Marini Skin Research
The products under Jan Marini Skin Research have overall good quality and do what they say they will. In fact, they help in the defense against aging skin. Their top products include:
- Jan Marini Transformation Face Cream- a silky moisturizer that hydrates and provides anti-aging benefits, with growth factors and peptides as the key ingredients.
- Jan Marini Bioglycolic Face Cleanser- glycolic acid is the key ingredient in this cleanser. As an AHA, glycolic acid can exfoliate the skin, stimulate the skin’s natural regeneration process, and help the skin retain moisture.
Another top recommended medical-grade skincare product is called iS CLINICAL. The skincare line targets all skin types and conditions, which can be customizable for everyone. Nonetheless, iS clinical serums skincare line includes Super Serum Advance+, Active Serum, and Pro-Heal Serum Advance+, which are phenomenal for fast-acting ‘magic’ results.
iS CLINICA products are clinically proven formulas for age-defying results. In fact, studies show that the antioxidant in these formulas effectively obliterates dark spots and stimulates collagen production, making it one of the best anti-agers on the market.
Carrot & Stick
Other medical-grade skincare products are Carrot & Stick Repair Serum and Carrot & Stick The Defence Serum. The Repair Serum has a high-performance serum designed to visibly lift, tighten and firm as it helps defend against damaging free radicals. Additionally, the Defence Serum is packed with an antioxidant superpower, and this revitalizing serum helps promote collagen production and visibly brightens skin.
No matter which skin type it is, several medical skincare products are available to choose from. My Face Lady offers ALASTIN Skincare, perfect clinically proven products formulated to protect and renew skin for a more youthful appearance for every skincare lover. Youthful, glowing, healthy skin is just a step away with ALASTIN.